Sex: Male
Where You're From: Columbia, SC
Where You Live Now: Raleigh, NC
Nationality: American
Hair Color: Black
Eye Color: Hazel/Brown
Mode of Transportation: 2003 Hyundai Sonata
Job: Paralegal
What brought you to HF Boards: A user on another board I frequent was a member and introduced me to it
How you became a hockey fan: Growing up as a fan of all things Pittsburgh, I fell in love with the Pens, especially in their late '80s, early '90s years.
How you became a Canes fan: Moved up to Raleigh for grad school during the '05-'06 season and became a Caniac over the course of that season, especially after seeing the Canes battle back to beat the Flyers early that season.
Favorite thing about being a Canes fan: The passion of the fanbase
Favorite Cane's Player(s): Erik Cole, Jeff Skinner, Tuomo Ruutu, Chad LaRose, Cam Ward
Favorite NON Cane's Player(s): Sidney Crosby, Marc-Andre Fleury, Mario Lemieux, Tom Barrasso
Other Sports You Like: Baseball, Football
Other Sports Teams You Cheer For: Pittsburgh Steelers, Pittsburgh Pirates, Tampa Bay Rays, Durham Bulls, South Carolina Gamecocks
College Attended/Attending: Undergrad at University of South Carolina, paralegal certificate at Midlands Technical College (Columbia, SC), Masters degree at NC State
Video Game Systems Owned: NES, Playstation 2, Nintendo Wii
Favorite Game(s): Knights of the Old Republic, Super Mario Bros. 3, New Super Mario Bros. Wii, The Last Express, EA Sports NCAA Football and NHL, Rock Band
Music You Listen To: Just about everything except country.
Favorite Movie(s): Dances With Wolves, Platoon, Das Boot, Saving Private Ryan, Bull Durham, Field of Dreams, Requiem for a Dream, Memento, Pi, Sideways, Miracle
Favorite Book(s): Sideways, anything Tom Clancy, mysteries (especially Nevada Barr's), A Year in the Merde, The Bullpen Gospels
Favorite Food(s): Italian, Contemporary Southern, Mexican, Tex-Mex, Thai, Szechuan, Lebanese
Favorite TV Show(s): The Wire, Homicide: Life on the Street, Good Eats, Top Chef, Hell's Kitchen, Penn & Teller's BS, Firefly, Mythbusters, Deadliest Catch
Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe: Home black Pittsburgh Penguins Mario Lemieux, Home red Carolina Hurricanes Erik Cole, Alternate blue Pittsburgh Penguins Marc-Andre Fleury, Black Columbia Inferno jersey
Anything Else: Beer and wine fan - working my way to a plate at the Flying Saucer. Currently attempting to visit every brewery and winery in the state of NC. My wife and I have also visited every minor league baseball stadium in the state of NC and have set our sights on finishing up SC this year.

garnetpalmetto is online now   Reply With Quote