Old
03-02-2011, 06:01 PM
Sasha Cares
28 mph!!!!!!!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigKahuna View Post
Going to break the format:

Been a hockey fan since the early 80s. Growing up in NC, this made me an oddity. Followed the Flyers and Habs for years. Even made a pilgrimage to Montreal to see the Flyers and Habs play in the old forum.

Used to go to IceCaps games at Dorton, and Monarchs games in Greensboro. Was thoroughly shocked then the announcement was made that the Whalers were moving to Raleigh. Been a Canes fan ever since. gave away my Flyers and Habs gear! Never looked back, even hate those guys now! Funny though, because I can't make the switch to the Panthers in the NFL.

Getting to watch greats like Francis, Coffee, Brind'amour in my hometown wearing my teams colors was incredible. See players like Gretzky and Messier playing on Greensboro and RBC ice, icing on the cake. It was a very fortunate time for a long time hockey fan who grew up hundreds of miles away from an NHL city.

Always sarcastic and often pessimistic. Also not afraid to call out a player or the coach when I feel they deserve it.

I don't know if I'll ever be accepted here, as I refuse to worship at the alter of Anton.
Always one in the crowd...

Sasha Cares is offline   Reply With Quote