View Single Post
Old
07-25-2005, 08:15 PM
Peter Griffin

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slangston_Hughes
I consider Bertuzzi a huge risk, for two reasons.

First of all, his suspension will be extended an additional 10-20 games, so any team looking to acquire him better be 'ok' without him on their opening day roster.
Until Bertuzzi is suspended an addition 10-20 games, it's purely a rumour. Nonis has said that he has heard nothing about any additional games and that it's all just speculation at this point.

Quote:
Secondly, no one knows how this Moore incident has effected him. When his suspension is lifted, I can't see him playing the same physical game. Vancouver fans will surely tell you, Bert's not as effective as a player if he isn't throwing bodies around and bowling over defensemen.
Agreed, it could go either way at this point. But, ask and Canucks fan, when Bert has something to prove, he's unstoppable. He was suspended for 10 games a few seasons ago and when he came back, he went on a role and had his best season ever. Bert's gonna want to prove to the league that he can still be a top threat, I don't think the whole Moore incident is going to affect his play too much, as long as he keeps his head in the game.