View Single Post
Old
03-02-2011, 07:02 PM
HomaridII

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
I love that thread. Though I haven't had a chance to look at it that much this year, I'll make some research and come back to it.

I know though that some players can make a difference. As Montreal know, I was really high on Brad Thiessen. Guess who has the best GAA of the whole AHL right now. Might not mean that it will translate in the NHL, but I surely would mean that our AHL team would be in good hands, not that Sanford isn't a good goalie but with the injuries he seems to be having, with Delmas and Mayer that are not that reliable and depending what's the plans for McIntyre, I would concentrate our efforts in goaltending in the NCAA.

But I will come back with other names than the only already mentioned. I had already talked about Da Costa last year. The Connolly's, Polacek, Vaughan etc....But there are others. But the Habs HAVE to get more interesting UFA's than the ones we got. I mean, we all know how much interest we have over there, yet, we miss on a guy like Bozak and end up with Trotter....Not exactly a bad pick, but not at Bozak level either. We need to do better especially when we know how much time that is spend over there....To me, at the time, Thiessen was a MUST and can't miss Pro (again, maybe not NHL but you never know...). Not sure why we didn't made the best push for him especially when they had the chance to see him play while watching Quailer's progression.

Talking about NU....I know, they are not big. But I think highly of McLeod and McNeely. Good and interesting players that might have a fine Pro upside.
What ... only 3 paragraphs? I am disappointed.

HomaridII is offline   Reply With Quote