View Single Post
Old
03-02-2011, 09:00 PM
salomonster

vCash: 500
The Sens won't be in the Richards sweepstakes.... book it.

Summer UFA signings are 80% of the time overpayment contracts... look at the teams that have been most active in the summer in the past... Rangers, Leafs, ... Sens - Gonchar, Kovalev.

I doubt that after being a seller that the Sens are going to be willing to drop it large on a player like Richards... who's a 1st line center. It just doesn't line up.

Sure Richards would look dirty in the a Sens jersey but.... with Spezz, the Sens need to sign a UFA to play with 19. Not to compete with 19 for ice time.

On top of it, Ottawa needs a 2nd line center. And 19's contract doesn't warrant that.

WE JUST GOT RID OF AND ALBATROS 2nd LINE CENTER CONTRACT - Fisher.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see a playing like Richards in Jerkstore's barber pole jersney. And don't get me wrong, I loved Fisher.

If Murray's around. I bet you anything he will rule this franchise via the kids. And build via the draft. The smart way... And also the safe way. He's been burnt by Heatley, Kovalev, Gonchar, Kuba... and so on. He's gonna play it safe.

Look at his most recent moves. Elliot for Anderson. Anderson was brought in as a possible UFA signing. Murray isn't going for a homerun goalie a la Vokoum... He's buying time with a stop gap goalie while Lehner is marinating in the AHL.

Plus time's on the GM's side now, now that the Senators will be a much younger team. Why the hell would you blow you load with big contracts on something you kinda don't need (1st line center).

Murray has said he plans to sign a UFA top 6 forward.

I see that being a 2nd line center to play with Alfie.

salomonster is offline   Reply With Quote