View Single Post
Old
03-03-2011, 01:04 AM
Zach and Slater
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
With how much Upshall has been tossed around over his short career I wonder if he would be VERY interested in playing close to home if: we give him a NTC and a long term? If we gave Upshall 4 years/8 mil with a NTC I can't help but think that would be of great interest to him. I know he doesn't bring a lot of size but he really is a perfect 3rd line guy, and quite frankly I'm not as worried about a guys size as long as he brings it every night which Upshall does. Of course if we gave him 2 years/6 mil I would be very interested in that too. It's an overpayment of course, but the deal is done once the big 3's ELC's are up.

One of Fiddler or Knopka, one of Upshall or Glencross, Ericsson (should he make it to July 1), if Tambellini wants to he could really remake our bottom 6 forwards and bottom 4 d-men which would go a long way. I wouldn't have a problem with another top 5 pick next season as long as there are some more good signs (kids improving, some blueliners emerging, close games, etc), but I have a bad feeling after the reaction yesterday between my friends, callers on the radio shows, and message boards that this fan base just got slapped in the face that this isn't going to be a 1 year thing and they don't like it.

Zach and Slater is offline   Reply With Quote