View Single Post
Old
03-03-2011, 02:07 AM
hfboardsuser

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RollingStone View Post
Not offensively gifted by any stretch. Last season, he scored a measly 24 points in his rookie year. On top of that, he was left off of the Ivan Hlinka tournament roster for team Canada.
You do realize he severed his Achilles tendon the spring before and by his own admission came back too early, right?

Quote:
He's a boom/bust player in the first round because he's such a late bloomer. Yeah he's doing okay this year but he doesn't have first line potential. After watching him, I would project him to be a 3rd line checking center at best -- ala Paul Gaustad or Martin Hanzal (but can fight).
Yeah, a guy who was picked fifth overall in the Bantam Draft and who was MVP of the Mac's Midget Tournament as a fifteen-year-old is a "later bloomer".

Quote:
Some think he has higher potential. Is he a Ryan Getzlaf or is he a Chad Kilger? That remains to be seen. If a team takes him within the top 10, I will feel really bad for them. Mark is far from a blue chipper. There are much better options out there for sure.
Here's where you really expose the fact you have no idea what you're going on about. No team is going to take him in the top ten. I like him about as much as anyone and can't see him going before 15.

hfboardsuser is offline   Reply With Quote