View Single Post
Old
03-03-2011, 06:47 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

vCash: 500
Brad Richards news thread

Brad Richards is not a Ranger but he'll be a much talked about figure on these boards for at least the next 4 months.

Mike Heika discussed the sale of the Stars and Richards future

Quote:
HEIKA: I think youíre right in a lot of ways. I think what he would like to know is what level of commitment to winning will come from the new ownership. He wants a team committed to chasing a Stanley Cup and paying the money it takes to get that done. He does not want to be on a team where getting out of the first round of the playoffs is seen as a huge accomplishment. And, if you look at the past five or six seasons, thatís what the Stars are right now. If an owner is in place and states he wants to spend money and try to win now, then I think Richards is in. If a new owner talks about budgets and setting a low payroll in hopes of business success, I think he is out.

I think heís a lot like Cliff Lee. He wants to win and he wants to win now. He would like to find a special team where he believes that is possible. Now, can he be kept in the loop on who might buy the team? Maybe a little. Strangely enough, because the sale situation is so liquid, the person who buys the team will probably want to test Bradís temperature before he commits to the Stars, as well. It will be very interesting to watch.
http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/dal...p-richards.ece

Heika discussed the sale of the Stars

Quote:
Well, I do believe that any potential buyer would love to give Joe Nieuwendyk a chance to take a crack at signing Brad Richards. My guess right now is that Richards will test free agency no matter what. If I was his agent, I would recommend that path. So if the ownership situation can be worked out by July 1, the Stars could definitely be in the mix of teams talking to Richards (sort of like a Cliff Lee situation where Richards would consider the Stars a very serious candidate). That means that the potential buyers want to push the situation and get things moving. That's a good thing.

The problem for fans, I believe, is that Miller probably is the ``stalking horse'' here. He will set a price that will be shopped around. Sources are saying he already is trying to negotiate offers and counter-ofers for his ``first'' bid, and that he is aware that the lenders will shop that bid to other groups. They also say that the Greenberg/Ryan group was the stalking horse, and that they eventually got the Rangers.
No guarantee the lenders will find a buyer by July.

http://starsblog.dallasnews.com/arch...-could-he.html

Quote:
Stars center Brad Richards skated in Frisco Wednesday morning and is expected to join the Stars in Arizona on Wedneday night. Richards has missed the last seven games with concussion-like symptoms after getting hit in the jaw.

He should be on the ice at practice when the Stars work out Thursday in Peoria, Arizona.

If things go well, he could be in the lineup Friday against the Anaheim Ducks.

``It's still a process, and we need to take it step by step, but it is encouraging,'' Stars coach Marc Crawford said.
http://starsblog.dallasnews.com/arch...-practice.html

Change from earlier this week when Richards was not expected to play on the road trip.

Sounds like Richards is going to July 1 not matter what happens with the Stars ownership.

He waited this long. Why not wait until July.