View Single Post
Old
07-25-2005, 11:18 PM
predhead1

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids
I just think the money would be better spent elsewhere. It doesn't address the hole in the top two center spots that we have...so we'd still have to sign someone. I'd rather take that extra money and get an even better center...someone of the Demitra caliber.
It depends on what you think we need from that position. Yes, it would be nice to have more offense, and Demitra would certainly bring that. but Holik is far better defensively, possibly the best defensive center in the game, and he has the size to go up against the #1 center on every other team. He has decent skills as well.

The problem as I see it is Legwand. If he could ever blossom into the offensive threat we all thought he would be, then we'd definitely want to jump at someone like Holik, but as it stands, we are offensively and defensively short at center. hell, I wouldn't mind us signing two free agents at center to address some of our problems there, or possibly making a trade. We've got a lot of young talent on the wings, so why not make a deal for a player at what is arguably the most critical position after goaltender?