View Single Post
Old
10-11-2003, 08:53 PM
Go Habs Go

vCash: 500
I saw the trap being used in all three periods. Not the whole time but from time to time. Anyways, what an impressive win! I can't remember the last time I saw the Habs play this well. The most impressive part of the game is that everybody seemed to play well and everybody gave an honest effort. Couldn't believe my eyes when I saw Perreault backcheck. Although I must say the Leafs had an awful game whether the Habs were good or not. Except for a few players, they seemed confused, unmotivated and just God awful when it came to turnovers. A great game for the Habs nonetheless, especially for Theodore and Ryder. Theodore was the key tonight, without his important saves like the breakaway from Mogilny, it would've been a completely different game. I have to say that Ribs has been impressive as of late, hopefully he can keep it up. Higgins didn't get much playing time but when he did, he looked like he could play on the 3rd or the second. At this point, he might be better then Ward from what I saw. This causes a big problem, how do we fit all these guys in when guys like Koivu, Sundstrom, Langdon and Begin come back? With Koivu and Ribs at center, where will Perreault play? He's so good at faceoffs that it seems like a waste to not use him for it. When will Komisarek get his chance this year? I think if the Habs can build on this win and continue play within their system, there is going to be some trades soon but the question is who.