Thread: Globe and Mail: Canucks vs The top NHL defensive teams
View Single Post
Old
03-03-2011, 06:09 PM
NuxFan09

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by me2 View Post
1. you want the team to burn out before the playoffs lowering their chance of stanley cup? That's unusual. Or is it you would rather they coast and pretend they are not?

2. part of what samuelsson is saying is you can't fake desperation and every team below us at this stage is more desperate than we are
No, I agree with all that, for sure. I just have a hard time believing that they couldn't have tried just a BIT harder in games such as the contest the other night against the Blue Jackets. Is a bit of extra effort here and there really going to burn them out? I don't think so.

On the other hand, the point about not being able to fake desperation is absolutely true and I see what Samuelsson meant when he said he wouldn't be surprised if the Canucks got routinely outworked by most of these playoff bubble teams. The comment I didn't appreciate was him saying he doesn't necessarily care that they're in a slump. However, I'm not going to read much into it. I just hope they're ready to turn it up several notches once the stretch drive hits. They want to be hot going into the playoffs after all.

NuxFan09 is online now   Reply With Quote