Old
03-03-2011, 07:57 PM
JDM
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
2 points = 2 points

So, if the Kings lose tonight, it's over? Just give up?

Wow, thank god you aren't the coach. "Must win" is used way too much in sports. I know people like to use it as a joke, but you seem a little nervous.

It's an important divisional game, but not a must win. Both teams are coming off tough losses and neither team has an advantage. Phoenix dominates in LA, a home away from home. I won't panic if the Kings lose.
Tonight, 2 points equals 4 points in the standings.

Who said anything about panicking?

Did I say if they lose its over? No, I said if they lose tonight they make things much harder on themselves than if they win, which is not AS MUCH the case if they lose to Vancouver, who means nothing to our seeding or to our division. Points are points, but when your entire division is in or on the cusp of the playoffs, you better win your divisional games. They are absolutely more important than the non-divisional games.

I always love the "wow thank god you aren't coach (or GM)" comments. As if anyone here is the least bit qualified. Such a silly and obvious thing to say. The insinuation is that I A) want to be coach, B) think I could/should be coach, C) someone else in the discussion is more qualified to be coach.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go scream my head off at Staples for the team I love.