View Single Post
Old
07-26-2005, 09:36 AM
Hufi

vCash: 300
Send a message via ICQ to Hufi
Satan a good fit in Philly ?

http://www.thefourthperiod.com/news/buf050726.html

Miroslav Satan's days in as a Sabre appear to be over.
The Buffalo News has learned that Satan's tenure in Buffalo will end either with a discharge or a trade, maybe within a few days.

Satan is a restricted free agent who would make nearly $4 million this season, about 14 percent of the team's target payroll, and become an unrestricted free agent next summer.

According to the News, the Sabres will either decline to tender a qualifying offer or retain his rights for the purposes of trading them away for as little as a draft pick.

Satan said he had no insight into what his future will be.
"I didn't speak to (Sabres management) yet," Satan told the News. "I'm just trying to wait and see what happens.

"I'm going to be a professional and not say anything more. I'm just going to wait and make no comments."

While the Sabres aren't expected to buy out any of their players under contract, the News believes Satan may not be the only restricted free agent they let go.

"What that will play off of is what we think is available in the unrestricted free agent market, what we see in the form of buyouts, what we see relative to possible trades," Sabres GM Darcy Regier told the paper. "So I think it's too early to say whether or not we'll qualify everybody."