: Post-Game Talk:
Wild 3 - Rangers 1
View Single Post
03-03-2011, 08:51 PM
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New York New York
Originally Posted by
Media Savvy Lee
I'm trying to make believe that this team started the season crappy and has fought its way back to 8th place.
But it doesnt work.
There has to be accountability. My list for the blame game:
1) Tortarella -- This one is easy. When you have a double-digit point advantage disappear in three weeks, the moves youre makling are obviously not working. If Tom Renney got fired for not getting results, so too should Torts
2) Gaborik -- He's disgusted me this season. We all dreaded the injury history when he signed here. On top of being hurt half the season, he's also shown to be lazy and disinterested at times.
3) Drury -- Solely for cap reasons. Guy should retire. His reputation as a winner is dead.
4) Lundqvist -- Somebody was saying he wasnt on pace for his worst season ever. Want to make that bet again? He's been far from Superman. Very pedestrian this season.
5) Power play -- see Gaborik. Gaborik's struggles mean Del Zotto struggled. MDZ struggled means nothing works. It took five months for the power play to look decent, only to look like crap again
I've said this a million times. You cant blame Dubinsky and Callahan or Gilroy or even MZA.
Those guys are support guys. Dubinsky isnt a 1st-line winger. They are support pieces for when Gaborik gets shut down, which rarely happened last season.
Gaborik is supposed to be the igniter. Drury is supposed to be the backbone. Henrik is supposed to be the savior in case the other two fail.
All three have been bad this season. That's also 20-plus million in cap space.
If all three were average this season, we'd be 15 points up on a playoff spot.
The real guy to blame for all 5...
3)Mr. Glen Sather
4)Momma Sather's baby boy
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by Machinehead