View Single Post
03-03-2011, 11:11 PM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Skraut View Post
I just got fitted for new skates, and went from RBK skates to Graf. The RBK skates were for a much shallower foot/arch. The eyelets on the RBK skates were much lower, and the laces bowed out to compensate for the arch of my foot. If I tightened those laces at all, it crushed my arch and left a lot of pain.

On the Graf's they're a much deeper fit, the eyelets are higher, and the laces don't bow outward much at all. I can really tighten them everywhere without causing any pain. Proper fitting makes a huge difference.
But which Grafs? Yes the RBK's and CCM's have almost no arch support for people with high arches and insteps, but you make it sound like Graf is only good for people who need more arch support and depth. They have a range of skates that fit different feet - the deep ones you are talking about will be the Graf 709s or the Graf Ultra G70s. They also have skates that fit shallow arches and insteps like the 703s or the Ultra G3s.

Other stuff taken in to consideration are the heel width and shape. Site has more info -

vexXed is offline   Reply With Quote