Old
03-04-2011, 02:49 AM
Sad London Ranger
RIP Boogie

vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to Sad London Ranger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
our best forward on the ice was Brandon Dubinsky, who most would argue is a 2nd line winger.

thats a HUGE problem for this team.

Wheres the offensive talent?

If Dubi is your 2nd line winger, youve got a strong team. if Dubi is your superstar forward, youre sccreeewwweeeddd

Rangers need to sign Richards, need to get Gabby going, and frankly they need a 3rd offensive star to boot.
I am not sure Richards is/would have been the answer to our prayer, but getting McCabe at the trade deadline is simply laughable. D is not our problem, scoring goals is. And if you have to go for a D - get Kaberle for pete's skake

Seeing that guys like Arnott, Versteeg, Peverley, Penner would have been available I would think, our inability to score goals should have been addressed.

again its Sather, and his tendency to try to convert falling stars into broadway studs.

It is really getting old to see this team run out of ideas after the all star break year after year, regardless who is the coach.

This really doesn't bode well. Now that playoffs are on the line (not so long ago we were the dark horse for the stanley cup) the scoring will be even more strained, or do we believe with the playoffs on the line Boyle will increase his scoring rate, or Dubinsky will discover he is a scorer.

Wolski, Frolov, Anisimov, (zherdev etc before them ) are what they are: talented but inconsistent, and not players who will thrive in Torts system.

it really gives me the blues!