View Single Post
Old
03-04-2011, 08:05 AM
DubiDubiDoo

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to DubiDubiDoo
Quote:
Originally Posted by NicksRangersWire View Post
This is the bottom line. This team isn't there yet, not the right combination of players.
Thats a fair assessment, and no one was expecting Tortorella to win the Stanley Cup this year, but making the Playoff in Hockey is NOT a terribly hard thing to do. More than Half the freaking league makes the playoffs. You essentially need to be average to get in, barely even good.
If people think this team is a Brad Richards away from winning the Cup, but isn't even a playoff team without him, then you must be crazy.
If this team isn't good enough to make the playoffs with its current roster, then I am done with Torts telling me he loves this team, and we have a great group of guys, and a strong core.
If you have a strong core, a great group of guys, and a really good goalie, and you cant make the nhl playoffs, then their is a break in reality somewhere.

I'm NOT for firing Torts at this point, because 1)I dont think there is anyone out there that would be a marked improvement, and 2)The coach cant shoot the puck for these guys...

This is the breakdown of shots on goal in a Ranger game-
33% of shots go wide of the net
17% of get blocked in front
17% are taken with no screen and easily saved
30% are weak one handers, weak wraparounds, weak wristers to the goalies belly
3% are quality shots from good areas

The one thing I will blame on the coach is not riding these guys harder to
1)Go to the Net.
2)Create traffic and sceens.
3)Get their freaking shots on goal.