View Single Post
Old
03-04-2011, 09:21 AM
token grinder

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwhiteandblue View Post
Are the Preds capable, but the D system doesn't allow for it? Do they have te skill to make those plays? I have seen it out of SK, Erat, Wilson, and Sullivan at times.
Your team plays more of a dump and chase game, puck possession is minimal compared to other skilled teams.
Did you hear the Vancouver announcers ask, "Name me 3 players on the Preds that would crack our top 9 forwards". These are the reasons I made those statement.
First Bolded: I don't hink so. We have 4 guys able to rush the puck consistantly it seem: Legwand, Erat, Suter, and SK. Let me see more of Blum, but he looks like he can too. Wilson tries, but puckhogs more than erat. We have a team of grinders and kids and castoffs. We don't play an exciting, creative game because our skill set is working hard. We don't trap. We forecheck 2 hard almost all the time. Last I checked a 2-1-2 scheme is pretty darn aggressive. We generate chances off of mistakes: just like last night. Dman doesn't clear rebound-goal. Hamhuis turns the puck over-Goal. even the empty netter, erat takes a stupid shot and the Van players lazily go to get the icing touch up, and Legwand outworks everyone for the EN goal.

Second Bolded: for all the hockey you watch, you must have watched him as latest last year.

Third Bolded: We don't have a true #1 line. We have 2 2nds, a checking, and an energy line with a bit of grit (tootoo and the kids) I would argue other than the sedins, kesler, and burrows, out of your other 5 top nie, who they would replace in out top six?

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote