View Single Post
Old
03-04-2011, 09:34 AM
haohmaru
#bdwyblueshirts

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by patnyrnyg View Post
So, Theodore didn't make some sick saves to steal the game? While Lundqvist faced 3 good shots all game and they all went in.

Like I have shown (unless you just read the thread title), the Caps and Pens have scored similar amounts, had the same problem with inconsistency and low-scoring games, yet are securely in play-off spots.
This is ridiculous. Pay attention.

Why did they score (also the case with Buffalo)?

Because they had a big body BEHIND the "D" to deflect or screen Lundqvist - and I'm not a Lundqvist apologist, he's had his share of softies this year. Vanek screening Henrik is why Buffalo won. Deflections (and a point blank/open shot from 5 feet) from offensive players behind the "D" is why Minnesota won.

Which leads me to why we don't score and make every goalie look like the ghost of Patrick Roy - because they see everything we throw at them .

Say what you want about Drury, but at least he's a player will to stand in front of a goalie and take punishment (and Torts rarely uses him in this role) to disrupt sight lines. Boyle should be this guy on the PP and on his shifts instead of stick handling behind the goal line. Dubinsky wouldn't be a bad guy to stand up there. Feds.

haohmaru is offline   Reply With Quote