View Single Post
Old
03-04-2011, 09:53 AM
IAMREALITY

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
It might be a function of the system the Rangers play too, and more importantly, the style of their #1 goaltender. How many deflected goals have we seen this year on Lundqvist?

Two of those goals last night could not be stopped. It seems to be that way everynight - so maybe (like you are referring to) we should start looking why that happens so often.

Maybe the defense should focus more on crease clearing and Henrik should come out a little further from his net. I mentioned this exact thing yesterday before the game. Its funny too, because on one of the goals Lundqvist was above the crease - and thats rare for him - maybe it IS something they are aware of.
I'm sure they're aware of it. Even the announcers comment on the same now. Problem is, being back in the net is one of the individual traits that makes Hank Hank. I think it would be a huge adjustment for him to take that individualistic trait away from him. Defensive coverage and better crease clearing are definitely some strategies that should come first imo.

IAMREALITY is offline   Reply With Quote