View Single Post
Old
03-04-2011, 10:24 AM
Next Best Thing*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMan View Post
He's going to need to start moving the puck and generating some offense before he gets to that level. To me he seems like he might be the good version of Komisarek (that is, the Hab version, not the Leaf version) -- not a bad player to have, but not an impact player either.

If he is going to be Chris Pronger, obviously it's a different matter, but he's shown no real signs of that. Brunet was also pointing out that he was fighting a lot, and that's not really a good sign.
It's true, he has very little chances of becoming ''Pronger'',

But in the event that he plateaus into a big, physical, stay-at-home first pairing D whom we can rely on game after game, wouldn't that still be more useful than having Penner in itself? And I don't know about you but it would have been pretty terrible not to have a first and a second pick in this year's draft. We're not exactly perennial cup contenders and our cupboards are almost bare when it comes to defense.

In any case, If I werre to offer up Tinordi (no matter how u see his potential he is still a first round pick) + a first it wouldn't be for Penner.

Next Best Thing* is offline   Reply With Quote