View Single Post
Old
03-04-2011, 10:36 AM
MathMan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Next Best Thing View Post
But in the event that he plateaus into a big, physical, stay-at-home first pairing D whom we can rely on game after game, wouldn't that still be more useful than having Penner in itself?
Unidimensional #4 D-man versus impact first-line winger? I think this is a no-brainer.

And I don't know about you but it would have been pretty terrible not to have a first and a second pick in this year's draft. We're not exactly perennial cup contenders and our cupboards are almost bare when it comes to defense.[/quote]

1. Montreal is a very good team this year, and would be a second-tier contender with Markov and Gorges -- and four rookies.

2. The cupboard only looks bare because the Habs' prospects are now in the NHL. Graduate two guys from your farm and of course your D down low will look bare. That doesn't mean that the Habs' defense will have problems in the future, quite the contrary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Next Best Thing View Post
In any case, If I werre to offer up Tinordi (no matter how u see his potential he is still a first round pick) + a first it wouldn't be for Penner.
Who for then?

I think people here are underestimating Penner. Troll coppernblue.com or other Oilers analysis blogs; Penner may be the most analyzed player in the NHL.

MathMan is offline   Reply With Quote