View Single Post
Old
03-04-2011, 10:37 AM
Jedrik

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
TSN rated Gauthier a C on deadline day, for the fact that he didn't trade for somebody whose only a partial fit, for the fact that he got Wiz a guy whose arguably able to put up 50-60 points as a defender on a team that's a shell of it's old defensive self, I respectfully disagree. The non-move for me makes perfect sense. Sure I would've loved to see a deal get done but if it isn't the right move then no move is the right move.
The idea that TSN grades teams' overall deadline activity is kind of absurd, considering the focus is mostly on what the return is for each team in the deal -- who loaded up, who got the right pieces, etc. Reality is, like any transactions, we're not going to know how many of these deals affected and potentially set franchises back until a few years down the road.

I personally would've considered us huge losers (in every sense) had we started dispensing picks and pulling the drain on our prospect pool to acquire a good 'fit' but a non-essential player for our future.

Jedrik is offline   Reply With Quote