View Single Post
Old
03-04-2011, 10:54 AM
Patccmoi

vCash: 500
Was this really offered or it just came from a random Twitter? I have a hard time trusting FGagnon these days, his credibility for me took many hits over the last year. I mean, the very same day on the deadline he posted something about PG being on the plane with the team that created a big mess (albeit entertaining on that very boring day) while it was not true and he just left his blog with that main message on all day and never retracted himself afaik.

As for the trade itself I'm glad it was not done. I don't like Penner all that much personally, and I DON'T see him as an impact first line player (the kind of player that would warrant a 1st + 1st pick prospect). He has the same consistency problem as AK and is somewhat lazy. I think a lot of people see him a lot bigger than he really is because they don't see him every game.

If all you saw from AK was his highlights, you'd think he's a total beast of a player. It's just that they don't show all the other games where he was a shadow of his potential. Penner actually has stats very similar to AK at the same age. He reached 30 goals for the first time last year, but he's 2 years older than AK. I'd much rather stick with AK than trade for Penner, at least he does not cost us any prospect or pick, and while he might not fight he his one of the most physical forwards we have and is no push-over.

Now you would have the option to have both, but I still would not want to give away these prospects/picks for him, if it was a UFA acquisition it would be more interesting.

Patccmoi is offline   Reply With Quote