View Single Post
Old
03-04-2011, 01:40 PM
rangersfan111

vCash: 500
He has to go and here is my reasoning.

People keep posting that this is a weak team but I don't understand where they get this information from. Staal, Girardi, Sauer, McDonough, McCabe and Eminger are a good group of defencemen. I understand they are young but they are playing like veterans. Sauer has been knocking at the door for a long time and finally got the opportunity to play in the nhl. McDonough has been a top propsect for a long time and there was a reason he went 12th overall in the 2007 draft (thank you Sather). Staal and Girardi are one of the best shut down defence in the nhl. McCabe is a decent powerplay quarterback.

Dubinsky and Wolski are definitley two of the better left wingers in the nhl. I don't know how many teams in the nhl have two better top 6 left wingers besides new jersey. Are top 6 right wingers are marian gaborik and ryan callahan, which again is a pretty damn good top 6 group of right wingers. Our bottom 6 players consist of Chris Drury, Brian Boyle, Sean Avery, Brandon Prust, Mats Zuccarello. How many teams have a better bottom 6 in the nhl, my guess is none.

We have one problem and thats a #1 centre. We should not miss the playoffs because of this one problem. We have one of the best goaltenders in the nhl... good depth at forwards and a strong group of defense. If we don't make the playoffs Tortorella has to go.

Please stop giving Tortorella credit for the progress Callahan and Dubinsky have made. Players get better with experience proven fact.