Old
03-04-2011, 02:35 PM
mrjimmyg89
'13-'14 East Champs

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Wolf View Post
No, Hank is off as well.

The puck is bouncing off of him like a damn grenade into the slot, and you can tell he's fighting it.
Who cares if he is off? We aren't losing these games 5-4 where our defense and goaltending are letting us down. The offense is the issue, and it will always be when dealing with players lacking NHL experience. Our current top 6 forwards:

Dubi, Cally, Step, Wolski, Zuccarello, Anisimov

Are all young or lacking NHL experience. 2 rookies in your current top 6. That smells of inconsistency. We need Dubi, Cally, and Wolski to play like 1st liners when the reality is they are 2nd liners. Then people complain about Anisimov and forget he is just getting to his 150th game in his career. People complain about Zuccarello cause he isn't producing, but the guy has played all of 30 games in the NHL.

Hopefully Gaborik can come back with some sort of a spark and play consistent, because this group of top 6, although talented, lacks experience and a true goal scorer. I wouldn't separate Dubinsky from Callahan and Anisimov as they have been the best line the last couple games. When Gaborik comes back, he needs to play with Wolski and Stepan, not "I show up every 10 games" Christensen and "Father Time" Prospal. Torts is priding himself on the youth of the team, well, lets see over the last 16 games what Step and Wolski can do with a sniper on their line.

EDIT: And don't give me that ******** that our best player needs to pick the team up. Hank has picked this team up so many times it's redundant to even mention it. How about the offense pick him up a little bit and make it a little less difficult to get him some more W's

mrjimmyg89 is offline   Reply With Quote