View Single Post
Old
03-04-2011, 02:37 PM
habsjunkie2*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH² View Post
No to Tinordi having Pronger like upside. It is so unlikely to happen that it should never ever be mentioned. If Tinordi was having a monster year in the OHL, I'd possibly understand that kind of hype, but common...

But I agree that we've been missing a dman who can be physical.

And no, Komisarek was never ever going to be Scott Stevens for anyone who knew anything about hockey. That was just a massive false hype generated by over excited habs fans. A lot like saying Tinordi has potential to be the next Pronger, no offense.

I'd have done that deal (Tinordi+1st for Penner). Penner is slightly better than AK, and we could have kept AK too. That would have given us more punch up front. It would also have given us another big body up front which is always nice. At any rate, Penner is certainly a better scoring winger than Halpern. And we did have the cap room.

And let's not forget that Penner will be on a contract year next season. If Penner were actions and I was a broker, I'd invest in that company. You should prolly expect him to tear it up.

And yes, 20ish+ 1st rounders and guys like Tinordi... they don't often become impact players, if they make it at all. Maybe he becomes the next Komisarek... which is alright, but not something I'd lose sleep over trading away for a need we have atm.

When you have a team that is a virtual lock to make the playoffs and you have Halpern playing on a top line and the chance to acquire a 20-30 goals winger who's 6'5 and is signed for his contract year after that... You can give up a 1st + an ok prospect.

BTW, those videos... if that's the best Tinordi has to offer.. wow am I ever underwhelmed... Hope there is a lot more to him than that.
I agree with everything you've said. I would like to add that Tinordi has a better chance of never making it in the NHL as a regular than he does of ever becoming Pronger like. I'm not saying he won't make it, but expectations need to be put in check.

habsjunkie2* is offline   Reply With Quote