View Single Post
Old
03-04-2011, 08:25 PM
Winger23

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JT Dutch View Post
... With all due respect, the hell they are.

For the first two months of the season, Quick played about as well as a man can play. He was a number one in every sense of the term. On top of that, Bernier was clearly struggling with the backup role.

But for the last two months, his overall body of work is not impressive. As much as I am a fan of Bernier, and as happy as I am that Bernier has improved his play - I don't want to see Quick fail. It doesn't bring me pleasure to see the team get beat because (among other things) Quick didn't happen to play well. I don't need to make up or skew numbers to further an "agenda". My agenda is I want to see the team win, and that the most deserving players get to play in order to help the team win.

Quick's save percentage over the last two months is .907. Do you know what it was last season? Also .907. So, the question is this - was that the real Jonathan Quick we saw over the first two months of this season, or was it the last two months? I'm glad to see him get the start tomorrow, because that's the only way we're going to find out. It is my opinion that, for the first time since Quick was named the number one, his role is in some jeopardy. And, I also think that Quick's well aware of this. The pressure is on. How will he respond?
Save % is such a ******** stat. Kings don't give up many shots, thus it's harder for the Kings goalies to ever have a really high %. Secondly, even if goalies are not at fault for obvious defensive breakdowns, it affects this stat. Bottom line, Quick has won 7 of his last 10 starts.

So who should start? Quick or Bernier? I'm not ready to give the lead to Bernier just yet. I have no doubt Bernier is a stud, but this is Quick's season imo.

Winger23 is offline   Reply With Quote