View Single Post
Old
03-05-2011, 01:42 AM
Sabretip

vCash: 500
There was a report from LeBrun that mentioned a conversation he had with Regier, hinting that he talked with one team about a player but the price was too high at first but that he was going to check again before the deadline ended to see if the price lowered. I don't know why but I had the feeling, given all the rumors about Liles, that he was someone Regier (and Burke) were interested in but the reports from Adrian Dater (Colorado) and Darren Dregehr suggested the Avs wanted a 1st rounder for Liles - which Burke said was too much for the Leafs. I suspect Regier felt the same way. TSN reported that Burke offered a 3rd rounder that Colorado rejected - I wonder if Regier offered the same and the reference to whether the team he was talking to (Colorado) might lower their demand come the 3PM cut-off.

It did sound like Colorado wasn't asking for a player back, which fit the M.O. Regier was working with.

Who knows? With the Liles-Miller factor; Liles being under contract for another season; and the Sabres' PP still lacking a true QB, I could see him being a summer acquisition - especially if the Sabres don't come to terms with Montador and/or deal Sekera/Butler in another trade for a center this summer.

Sabretip is offline   Reply With Quote