View Single Post
Old
03-05-2011, 05:50 AM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
We talk about a lack of depth, but, look at where this team is considering who we've had injured. Our projected #1 center played in two games ... the #2 and #3 centers both missed substantial time. O'Reilly has been out for months. Sully on IR several times. Erat's been dinged a couple times. We lose Tootoo for about two months. This is one area where our lack of any elite forwards is actually almost beneficial. When one goes down, we're not trying to replace an Ovie or Crosby ... we simply reshuffle the lines, call up a guy from the Ads, and continue to play within a system. We don't have flashy depth (then again, we don't have flashy starters) but we do have serviceable depth to to keep the ship afloat for prolonged stretches.

If Wilson continues to develop into the player we've caught glimpses of this season and Geoffrion continues to perform ... we're not in as bad of shape as a lot of fans think. A little more home grown, Poile drafted talent up front to go with Hornqvist kid he picked with the last pick.
I enjoyed your comments. I'm for the "youth movement" we are seeing myself. If we make the playoffs, then great. But if we don't make them this year, with all of the injuries, then I'm not holding Trotz & Co. totally responsible. I just hope we re-sign Weber and SK74. Sorry Sully, your time is done here. I wish J.P. was in his last year, but oh well.

kypredsfan is offline   Reply With Quote