Thread: Speculation: Brad Richards
View Single Post
Old
03-05-2011, 09:06 AM
OcAirlines

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlr View Post
If I had to choose, I would have kept Briere over Drury. But, I believe that with the right moves, we could have signed them both for less than they took elsewhere. 5 years, $5 or $6 million cap hit each, and I think we would have been much better off the last few years.
Yeah, Briere ist a totally different thing, i do understand that people were pissed that we let him walk. I almost certainly would've made this team better the last few years. I'm just not sure about Drury and i doubt that he would've signed for 6 million or less.

Quote:
I understand that point of view, and I don't particularly want Drury back if there are better options, certainly not as his full current salary. But if he could function as a 3rd line center, for a reasonable price ($1.5? $2?), then I think we could definitely use his services.
3rd line center for 2 million, sure, i wouldn't be opposed to that. As long as we don't touch his current contract and don't complain about Regier not giving him the same money, i'm fine.

OcAirlines is offline   Reply With Quote