View Single Post
Old
03-05-2011, 10:58 AM
Jimmy Carter
Avs/Leafs fan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules Winnfield View Post
There is a woman in one of my wife's leagues that is like this. She's a terrible skater and is big like an oaf. She acts like she's Crosby or Ovechkin out there. She has an ok shot but she's built like a 250 pound Moose on skates. She just goes to the slot or sits in front of the net and waits for pucks to come to her and scores. Because she does this, she thinks she's one of the best players in the league. It really has blown her head up to where she thinks she's a big shot and she's terrible.

Most of her team can't stand her but they don't want to tell her about it either
That really annoys me when people think they're good because of that. Yes, it takes work to stand in front of the net (unless the D-man guarding you just lets you stand there, then it's fairly easy to do ), but to think you're good because of that? All that means is that others are better at moving the puck around than you and you're there to give your teammate a better chance at scoring off your screen or to pound home some garbage to help your team. Says nothing about offensive skill.

I should know, I play exactly the same game

Jimmy Carter is offline   Reply With Quote