View Single Post
Old
03-05-2011, 02:45 PM
Ron Barr
Doing it to Death

vCash: 500
Good:
- Coming back from a 2 goal deficit to win 5-3, against the most well-rounded team in the league. It was a fun and exciting game to watch.
- Vanek was given over 20 minutes of ice time, and he played an excellent game. Give him ~20 minutes a game more often, Lindy.
- A lot of our slumping offensive players showed up tonight. Vanek, Pominville and Ennis all with 2 points each, and Stafford scoring for the first time in 9 games.
- Rej was in total Beast Mode. Hopefully this lasts longer than a handful of games, and he's really found something to build on here.
- Butler and Myers were solid and steady all night. We've needed a defensive pairing like that ever since Monty and Leo started sucking.
- Putting Jay and Thomas back together, and putting Boyes at their center. Good line juggling there by Lindy, that line was effective tonight.

Bad:
- Our powerplay for the most part, mainly the 5 on 3. I don't know why the Sabres love to stand still so much with the man advantage.
- Morrisonn was pretty bad tonight. I didn't like Montador's game much either.
- Philly scoring short-handed. Somebody HAS to cover Kimmo there, I don't care if there weren't any defensemen on the ice for us. It's common sense, always keep an eye on your slot area when you're hemmed in your own zone.
- Miller looked shaky, and made some dumb plays that might have cost us the game. He didn't have a bad game, but he did make some bad plays.
- The reffing was horrible. It was just all over the place (as usual I guess).
- Knowing that we're in a back-to-back, after finishing an emotional come-back win on the first day. Not to mention both games of this back-to-back are away, so the team has to fly all the way out to Minnesota for tomorrow's game. We'll probably lose tomorrow's game, but I guess I'd rather win today anyway (if I had to pick one game to win).
- Finding out Hecht is hurt. He's been playing well for us...

Ugly:
- Rod Brind'Amour

Ron Barr is offline   Reply With Quote