View Single Post
Old
07-26-2005, 10:19 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Basher
I don't think prices for non-season ticket holders can be any lower. Gettin' into the GEC for $8-10 is amazing, and I don't think that you can beat that. Sure, weekends and Detroit games are tougher to get into, so maybe you pay $20. Whether in the box office or scalpers, trust me - they won't sell all their tickets before face off. You might not see pre-skate, but if you wait, you can get into basically any game for $20. No seat in the GEC is "bad", and it beats watching on TV. They did nothing wrong with this move, and I can only see it paying dividends in the future, especially in the corporate market, as mentioned before.
They can be, just look at the difference between those getting season tickets and those not. I'm not saying the prices are outrageous because they aren't. Our tickets are cheap and affordable, and I am probably going to buy the same amount with or without a true price reduction. The thing that irked me is they dressed it up as some "big" price reduction, when in reality, they didn't have any price reduction at all save for those who decided to leave money invested for a year in season tickets or would invest in season tickets. I knew this was coming, especially after listening to countless interviews from the big wigs (namely Leiopold) saying they were only "looking" at price reductions.

Anyways, end rant. Love the Preds always will