View Single Post
Old
07-26-2005, 10:49 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids
Sorry to hi-jack your thread, Joe...but I think we'll get more use out of it, this way

At any rate...there's some talk that Minnesota might let Alexandre Daigle go.

Now, I know that he's had a rocky past...but in all honesty, I was very impressed with him last season, and I think he was at times better than Gaborik. He's pretty cheap at this point in his career, and I think he'd be a fantastic guy to try out on our second line. He's got some nice scoring ability(21 goals on a goal-starved Minny team, last season) and is a strong skater\passer. Now, it's no sure bet that Minny wno't re-sign him, but since they do now have Brian Rolston...who knows. I'd love to see us take a chance on him, if he's available.

Personally, I think his goal-scoring came directly from the Wild's system and lack of a go-to guy. His only real plus attribute is his blinding speed. In the Wild's gameplan (trap, counterattack, etc.) he was perfect. In Nashville, I see him getting similar oppurtunities, but more as an Antti Laaksonen/Richard Park type role (to keep using Wild players as analagies here). In Pred land, I would expect something around 13/15 much like Orszagh production with a lot more speed but less grit.