View Single Post
Old
07-27-2005, 12:21 AM
Clancy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersGuy69
I think the Brendl/Ryan comparisons are way off.

along with Brendl's bad skating, he had a horrendous attitude and work ethic. he cared very little, if any, about the himself, the team or the game. to put it bluntly, he was a piece of crap.

Ryan, although a bad skater is said to have a great attitude and is a workhorse that never quits. with hard work, he can become a better skater but its his attitude and passion for the game that separates him with losers like Brendl.
i agree. i remember one of the flyer commentators saying how clarke had to call brendl late in the afternoon to remind him there was a game that night and brendl had just woken up

im excited about the prospect of trading up for ryan. a power forward with elite hands and vision is a rare thing, and im sure his skating will improve with the help of the flyer's coaching. and if we can ship handzus(as rumored) to get him and not trade one of our young studs then im all for it. ryan is a potential first line player and this year there is a large number of UFA's that could easily replace handzus and for a possibly cheaper price.