View Single Post
Old
03-06-2011, 12:35 PM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenngineer View Post
While I agree with you on Weber's skill set, who makes the other players around them better? I'm going with Suter on that one. It also depends on who develops out of Josi, Blum, Ekholm, Ellis or COR. If it's Josi, Suter does become more expendable. If it's a guy like COR then Weber is the one to go.

I don't think either are going anywhere anytime soon. I asked Cooper on the fishwrap chat the other day the status of both Weber and Suter's contracts and he said they'd be discussed after the season. Sounds like they're working on getting both re-signed and want to do it ASAP.
I think token's point was, and this is an assumption so I'm probably wrong, Suter is the better player but the one more likely to be replaceable with one of Blum, Josi, Ellis. Suter does make players around him better, Weber included. I think one of those three will have the ability to do the same.

I'd rather keep them both, too. It's a unique situation if we aren't able to sign them both. Suter is the better player, but also the one more likely to be replaceable with what we have in our system. Weber is likely to draw a bigger proposal, and almost guaranteed to command the higher salary. I hope it remains a luxury rather than it turning into what would have to be an incredibly hard decision.

Last edited by ThirdManIn: 03-06-2011 at 12:44 PM.
ThirdManIn is offline   Reply With Quote