Favorite memories as a kid playing hockey...
View Single Post
03-06-2011, 05:36 PM
Join Date: Sep 2006
Street hockey -
- Every day I'd get home from school and have 20 minutes to eat something before there would be a knock on my door to play hockey in my carport.
- *****ing (or laughing) at the 1-2 guys who were wearing blades when everyone else was on foot.
- When it was just me and my cousin we'd argue about who had to go in goal, and whoever ended up goalie wanted the other guy to take slapshots from pretty far away so they could catch it.
- going to a relatives in Abbotsford and challenging the neighbourhood kids to a game
Ice hockey -
- just wearing a "real" jersey and playing "real" games, having practices and being properly coached .. beer league doesn't come close.
- while I hated (and still do) getting up early, having 5am practice, home at 6:30, back to sleep until 7:30 and then off to school... I always felt really good that day at school.
- out-of-town tournaments ... always a good time.
- listening to stuff like this in the dressing room before games:
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by hlrsr