Thread: STU Tommies
View Single Post
Old
03-06-2011, 05:40 PM
STUTOMMIES

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gleanerguy View Post
Just posted this on the anti-Eagles thread on this board in response to a cookiecutter comment...maybe it fits better here...

You're right...I did say all that. It's a matter of living within your means. If you use UNB as a model, they have a full time head coach, full time assistant, a full time marketing guy and an army of volunteers/supporters and cling ons who help make that program what it is. STU doesn't have that kind of budget or those kind of resources...at least not now. Perhaps in time, when the program gets back to being competitive every night, you see where you are and reassess. But the next set of screams would be how much it costs to run the hockey program at a school where student enrollment is (and I'm quoting from the front of the STU women's hockey program here), 924 male students and 1,624 female.

Note too, that went rantfather advocated christening Bissonnette automatically, I suggested you do yourself a disservice by limiting your options. They ARE advertising the position. At the same time, don't penalize a guy who wants the job after playing five years for the school and being grateful and open about the institution making him the man and the person he has become. There will be a host of outstanding candidates apply for the position, but at the same time, you could do a whole lot worse than hiring Eric Bissonnette.
gleaner guy,

Commenting on anything that cookie cutter writes is a complete waste of time. She wants the best for STU but complains about the money it will take when everyone else is doing the same thing. She is all about cheering on STU but mocks us about our pride in the University. Let her talk to herself all she wants, the only one that takes her ranting seriously is Foyle. Huh, maybe we have a love match??? (Sorry Foyle, I'm not trying to make your cat jealous but there is potential.) PM amongst yourselves.