View Single Post
Old
03-06-2011, 07:13 PM
William H Bonney

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belanger25 View Post
Lombardi basically said that the team doesn't have the most talented guys and part of that is his fault that he hasn't gotten someone. That basically led in to the reason we have a poor power play is we don't have the most creative players.

I completely disagree with this, there's a difference between creativity and just trying anything different. It seems that if they stray from the system it's the worst thing ever.

Another Lombardi quote I thought was hilarious was, "Our power play is going from low to high, getting a shot and getting traffic in front" When is there ever any ****ing traffic in front? Usually there's one guy who maybe in front and someone picking their nose to the left of the goalie.
Yeah, I don't buy it either. Could we use more talent up front? Sure. But we have plenty of talent that should bring better results on the PP. Talent level doesn't explain why teams like Minnesota or Buffalo have better PPs than we do. It doesn't explain why teams like Washington or Philadelphia have worse PPs than we do.