Thread: STU Tommies
View Single Post
Old
03-06-2011, 10:20 PM
gleanerguy

vCash: 500
Have no idea who's out there. so it's difficult to say. I don't think being familiar with STU, the school, the city and the calibre of play in the league is a bad thing...being familiar with the product your selling and the calibre of the league you're coming into will certainly help in the recruiting process.
I think the turnaround is longer than three months in STU's case...you have to replace eight veterans and perhaps more if guys don't come back...half a hockey team. I think Bissonnette will get serious consideration, like it or not. He's a level 4, has worked to improve himself and as he said, he has a story to sell...he's a living, breathing example of what the STU hockey program can do for a kid.
I think Pat Powers will be considered...assistant coach at Western, has some head coaching experience, knows the lay of the land at STU and has worked under Clarke Singer in developing a winning program.
Somebody pointed to Seamus Gregory at Lake Forest University, near Chicago...head coach and recruiter there. And there will be others who will surface whose names and backgrounds we don't know.
I think they did a good job putting together a panel who have some familiarity with St. Thomas...guys like Al MacAdam, Eric Crawford and Garth Joy would have a vast network of names of coaches who they might see as a good fit in Fredericton and at St. Thomas. I look forward to seeing how it will play out.