View Single Post
Old
03-07-2011, 09:11 AM
Zip15

vCash: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame View Post
I'm not sure why anyone would vote Pysyk or McNabb over Schiestel, unless they feel the injury is a MAJOR setback.
People rank prospects differently. Put simply, my only question is "who's going to be the best player?" Here, at this slot, I think it's going to be Pysyk. I have Scheistel as my #5 prospect, so there's not much separation right now. I just think Pysyk is going to be the better player, and I don't have to wait until he plays 50 games in his second year in the AHL to confirm that belief. I love his development curve and I wouldn't be a bit surprised if he's being considered for #1 or #2 at this time next season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luceni View Post
sry, but I've to go with the organizational need: That's thoughness and size imo.
So I tak McNabb
As I said above, people use different metrics in ranking prospects, but I think this is the absolute worst way to rank prospects. Center is our biggest organizational need: Does that make Paul Byron and Kevin Sundher better prospects than Pysyk? I sure hope not. And size, physicality, and leadership are greater organizational needs than defense: does that make Marcus Foligno a better prospect than Scheistel, Brennan, and Pysyk? Again, I hope not.

Zip15 is offline   Reply With Quote