View Single Post
Old
03-07-2011, 09:31 AM
NYR Viper

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chosen View Post
Who are the long term injuries that have decimated this team?

Gaborik? Was an absolute pig while in uniform this year by all accounts.

Drury?

Prospal had a minor impact.

Who are the impact imjuries?

No other teams have faced injuries like the Rangers!? Really?

I bet Pittsburgh fans might disagree. Islanders fans, too. Some others, also.
I can't tell if you're 100% serious but here goes:

Dubinsky----5 games missed
Callahan----20 games missed
Gaborik----20 games missed
Girardi----2 games missed
Staal----3 games missed
Fedotenko----16 games missed
Christensen----17 games missed
Frolov----24(and counting) games missed
Rozsival----# I cant find
Prospal----53 games missed
Drury----44(and counting) games missed
Boogaard----42(and counting) games missed
Biron----2(and counting) games missed

The Rangers at some points were missing their top-2 scorers from last season(Prospal and Gaborik) along with Christensen which made up their top-line for most of last season.

They were missing Dubinsky and Callahan for significant chunks.

They have been missing Drury for pretty much the entire season and while everyone hates him, he is still a useful player and their captain.

Frolov was borught in to help with the secondary scoring, he has been out for most of the season and is not coming back.

Rozsival missed a chunk of games which worked out well as McDonagh was allowed to get some games and impress. Either way, he was a top-4 defenseman out.

Fedotenko was playing VERY well before he went out with his broken wrist with Boyle and Prust. 16 games is just over a month of hockey.

Dubinsky had a stress fracture which was bothering him for a while before sitting out games.

On top of all of that, the team can't practice with their normal teammates and those players are not allowed to train correctly while healing. The merry-go-round of players from Hartford where this team was pretty much only playing 3 lines and 2-4 defensemen at times is no easy task for any team.

Injuries happen to every team. That is true. But besides maybe Pittsburgh, I challenge you to find a team that has lost as many man-games to injury as the Rangers.