Thread: News Article: The Blues sale is finally complete!
View Single Post
Old
03-07-2011, 12:19 PM
2 Minute Minor
Hi Keeba!

vCash: 50
I'm not sure how many people actually watched the Islanders game, but JD was on the air for a couple minutes. I've missed his candor. I wasn't as reassured by his comments as I usually am, but it was still good to hear from him.

Its clear the front office has received some heat from angry fans, and that they're concerned it could affect next season's ticket sales.

JD really didn't say anything that we hadn't already known:
- The injuries really did hurt this season (though he didn't harp on this).
- The ownership had OKed adding salary at the trade deadline, but they didn't see any options that didn't hurt the team long-term (trading assets for rentals).
- He alluded to being active in trades "before July 1st". Armstrong has said this, too. I think they're all but spelling out that they hope to make a trade of picks/prospects for players with this season's draft picks.

Did I miss anything? I think there were at least two horrible Islander breakaway/odd-man rushes while he was up there.

I think the Blues are going to trade for Richard's negotiating rights. I know on other boards people are stoked for Parise, but I don't see how New Jersey lets him get away. Dallas on the other hand is in a tough financial situation. (cough cough)

2 Minute Minor is offline   Reply With Quote