Old
10-12-2003, 07:15 AM
Narnia
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Narnia
Quote:
Originally Posted by jadeddog
did you just say that us fans are more whiney than a millionaire who cant take pressure?? i KNOW you just didnt say that, adn if you did i think *you* have to take a long look in the mirror

and to comment on another post in this thread.... the reason that nobody wants to play in edmonton, or any other small market team for that matter, is because the players know they wont get a fat contract here, they know that they have to earn their money, and they know that if they *do* earn this money, they will then have to get traded somewhere else to actually get *paid* that money.... its a problem with the economics of the NHL... for love of christ dont blame me... the fan. the fan who cares a ***** of a lot more about his team than probably most of the players playing on it do.
Why don't you try telling that to Poti and Arnott. They were strictly traded because of the fan. Slats actually asked Arnott if it was OK to trade him because the fans booed him. Lowe didn't, I repeat didn't want to trade Poti but was forced too because of the fans and Terry Jones basically boing him out of town.