View Single Post
Old
03-07-2011, 03:10 PM
NYRKindms

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
I can certainly understand being kind of unhappy with playing in the AHL over college...it probably really isn't as fun. However, if you have designs on being a pro hockey player and making that your living, I would think you understand that the AHL is a sometimes necessary stepping stone, and if you pine for college and are tired of always playing hockey, then maybe you're not cut out to be a pro
This is no different from anyone who leaves / graduates from college and gets hit in the face by the real world.

I know 2 years out of college etc I was longing for the days of going to class (ya right, more like drinking beers at noon on a Wednesday and girl watching). It is what every college grad goes through for the most part

I think Krieder comes out of college. He is right at that point in a college career when you start thinking about getting the hell out of school. College can get old really fast, add to that he knows he has BIG $$$ waiting for him as long as he doesn't get badly hurt.

Anyone who says the $$$ isn't a factor is kidding themselves. You get hurt and you're a cubicle drone like the masses. You come out and sign and you can almost never work a day. he will make more money turning pro then most people will see in their lifetime guaranteed. If he were my kid he would be turning pro.

NYRKindms is offline   Reply With Quote