View Single Post
Old
07-27-2005, 01:34 PM
Face Wash

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by willywonka
No Penguins...no Lemieux, Crosby, Fleury, Malkin (possibly)

No Flyers... no Carter, Richards, Primeau, Kapanan, Roenick etc.

No Devils... no Brodeur, enough said

No NYI... no Dipietro, Parrish, Kvasha

No NYR...no Jagr, Blackburn and whomever the accquire

I will definitely miss out on seeing the Kings play the first three teams on this list whether here or away.
Yes, but.... I think this might be the easiest schedule from a travel standpoint the Kings have EVER had.

- The Kings will play 67% of their games in the Pacific Time Zone (55 out of 82 games)

- The have two actual 5-game homestands, but if you consider the Pond a theoretical home game (and from a travel standpoint, it really is a home game), they'll actually have three 5-game homestands (Dec. 8-17) along with three 4-game homestands.

- January they'll play 13 out of 15 games in the Pacific Time Zone including the first game in Feb (@PHO). The 2 games not in PST are in BOS and BUF and there are 3 days off before and after that measley 2-game east coaster.

- 15 of the final 17 games of the season are in the Pacific Time Zone

If the Kings can figure out a way to stay healthy (and that's a tall order I know), they'll be competitive from an energy standpoint going into the playoffs.

As a fan who wants to see this team a Cup worse than anything, I'm happy to sacrifice a few nice matchups for a more rested, energetic team in April, May and (hopefully) June.