View Single Post
Old
03-07-2011, 04:09 PM
PawelW007

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Mastrosimone View Post
There is no rationality in saying Richards would be a mistake, other than missing a few weeks with a minor concussion. He's a 90+ point center who can qaurterback a powerplay. Where else are we getting such a player? Fairy tale land?

*Correct 12 post rant.

They do not have the elite talent. Not nearly enough. This team isn't winning a cup with Brandon Dubinsky as a 1st line LW, and Dan Girardi as a 1st pairing defenseman.

And people need to give the "anything can happen" as rest. The Flyers, for whatever reason, had an underwhelming regular season. Locker room problems. The way they played in the playoffs is what was expected of them all along.
Call me gun shy, I'm just terrified of giving anyone 8 million dollars a year in their late 20's. We've done that 4 times post lockout, Gaborik is the only one that has even panned out. I agree with finding a more suitable Defenseman for Staal though but again we have 4 major Restricted FA's up this year. And honestly I'd rather lock up Cally and Dubinsky for a long time then anything close in the FA market.