Thread: Wgr550
View Single Post
Old
03-07-2011, 04:40 PM

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to 1970
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD SabreFan View Post
I actually find them quite positive, since they're employed by the Sabres and all. They **** on callers who call in to criticize the organization.

We should put this in the suggestion box at Sabres.com
Yeah, same here. Maybe they said something negative today? Schopp has been saying this team will make playoffs for a while now and he was one of the more positive people going into the Pegula press conference. I am not their biggest fans, because they treat callers like garbage but i wouldnt say they are negative.

Also, nothing major will change with WGR until WECK gets bigger. Right now, weck radio is still a joke. Brad Riter is an awesome host but he disses WGR for going off topic a lot but so does he. And Mendola talks about BS ALL the time too. Besides, they only have sports from 4pm until like 10pm. No real threat to WGR.

Weck has no reporters, and all national news stuff all day. If they want to compete against WGR like they said they do, they got to get better coverage of the teams (Bills and Sabres) but most importantly, they need more live shows. Once they do that, WGR will be forced to change it's culture a bit, like, hiring more people and doing more things with Bills and Sabres.

Competition is great and right now WGR has none.

1970 is offline   Reply With Quote