Old
03-07-2011, 09:55 PM
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by robruckus View Post
So you're justifying why he sucks?
Today, he does kind of suck. His flaws are evident. Rookies like Sauer+McDonagh have already been trusted with much bigger roles than Matt, despite their difference in NHL experience.

Tomorrow could very well be different. Things could click. It's not ludacrus to assume he progresses. There are aspects of his game that are non-existent on our blue-line. Whether he takes his tools and uses them the right way is hit/miss. It's a gamble. A lopsided one at that.

At worst we're looking at 2M~. That's not a huge gamble. If we absolutely needed that cap space, then I'd say farewell to Gilroy. I'd rather see Boogey, or even Avery's contract somehow vanish before Matt's. He at least has some upside.

Gilroy's potential replacement could very well cost around the same as his QO, but be equal to his current defensive play, minus the upside. Or, we could get lucky, and have another prospect from Hartford steal a roster spot -- Regardless, there's always has, and there always will be a market for NHL dmen, and Gilroy has proven to be that. Not always, but more-so than not.

I'd give him another shot, unless I absolutely needed the extra cap space.

Boom Boom Geoffrion* is offline   Reply With Quote